The 4 Pillars
At the core of our behavior and actions is the Foundation of Security-Net. Our Foundation determines “how” we act in every interaction, and each item is imperative throughout our activities and work together. Our Foundation is defined by the following three characteristics.
The 4 Pillars
We have defined 4 PILLARS, which are demonstrated through our day-to-day actions to realize our Mission.
We will share, define, and exercise Best Practices that will improve our work with each other and as individual businesses.
Below Are Examples:
- Project logistics
- Job costing
- Partner support
- Operational management support
- Peer-to-peer interaction
- Training & installation standards
As members of Security-Net, our members can confidently fulfill commitments to enterprise accounts, knowing and trusting that their customers will be serviced with the highest standard of quality and workmanship.
- Partner/customer commitment
- Appropriate resources
- Reporting metrics and tools
- SNAPP proficiency
- Clear communication
- C-level relationships
As a combined organization, our independent members gain a greater influence on and clout within the security industry, which is exemplified
by the following:
- Combined buying power
- Enterprise accounts
- Organization exposure and reputation
- Manufacturer training and certification
- Partnership with manufacturers
- Media exposure
All individual companies will be leaders of innovation, and will benefit from their membership because of the accountability and knowledge sharing provided by Security-Net.
Below Are Examples
- Sharing of industry innovation
- Embracing change and technological progress
- Strong manufacturer relationships
- Innovative business practices